- • September 15 – 16, 2017
- • Tournament will take place on Friday/Saturday
- • Registration is Live
- • 2017 Divisions: Men’s Open, Men’s Masters, Women’s Open
- • World class venue
- • Great fall weather in the desert
- • Hotel accommodations concierge
- • Players parties and drink specials
- • 4 games guaranteed
- • Multiple brackets for parity and competitive balance
- • Trophies for each division champion
- • Certified referees and trainers
|TIMES||FIELD 1||GAME||FIELD 2||GAME|
|4:00pm||Midlife Creases||New Westminster Okeefes||Masters Game 1||DubC||Spearmint Rhinos||Pool B Round Robin|
|5:00pm||Resolute||10th Mtn Whiskey||Pool A Round Robin||DubC||Bringham Old||Pool B Round Robin|
|6:00pm||Resolute||Midlife Creases||Masters Game 2||Bringham Old||Spearmint Rhinos||Pool B Round Robin|
|7:00pm||New Westminster Okeefes||Resolute||Masters Game 3||Team Vegas||Resolute||Pool A Round Robin|
|TIMES||FIELD 1||GAME||FIELD 2||GAME|
|12:00pm||Team Vegas||10th Mtn Whiskey||Pool A Round Robin||Midlife Creases||New Westminster Okeefes||Master Game 4|
|1:00pm||Pool A Seed 1||Pool B Seed 2||SEMI 1||Pool B Seed 1||Pool A Seed 2||SEMI 2|
|2:00pm||Pool A Seed 3||Pool B Seed 3||Consolation 1||New Westminster Okeefes||Resolute||Master Game 5|
|3:00pm||Loser Semi 2||Loser Consolation 1||Consolation 2||Master Scramble Team 1||Master Scramble Team 2||Master Game 6|
|4:00pm||Loser Semi 1||Winner Consolation 1||Consolation 3||Winner Semi 1||Winner Semi 2||Championship|
Hotel & Car Rentals
Hyatt Place (Walking distance from the fields!)
- 2 Dbl Beds & Sofa Bed
- $204 (No resort fees!)
- *Does not include tax or Resort Fees
Cut Off Date
Specials – Room Extras
- Airport Shuttle
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Starbucks on site!
- Free Wifi
- Fitness Center
Check In / Check Out
- 3:00pm / 12noon
Vegas Showcase Hotel Room Discounts
Our professional hotel accommodations representative will take care of your needs A-Z. Click here for complete room list, pricing, and amenities!
Vegas Showcase Car Rentals
Interested in renting a car while at the Vegas Showcase? Click here to check out the deals!
The Best of the West: A Brief History
In the Fall of 1997 Coach Mickey-Miles Felton of the University of Arizona and then Coach Jason Lamb of Brigham Young University created “The Best of the West” tournament with the vision of having the top eight teams west of the Mississippi invited to play in a tournament that would help elevate the level of play not only for their respective teams, but the Western United States region as a whole. “We felt it would be an important step to help nurture and expand the growth of the game in the West by gathering and competing against programs in the Fall, programs other than the teams from our conferences that we play during the regular season,” Felton remarks. They chose centrally located Las Vegas as the best venue for the tournament. As the years have passed and the level of play throughout the West has improved, more teams are participating in this year’s event than ever before. From the modest beginnings of two teams, the Best of the West has now expanded to sixteen. Participating teams include multiple MCLA National Champions. In 2010 The Best of the West combined forces with two other Las Vegas based lacrosse tournaments to create the Las Vegas Lacrosse Showcase, a tournament to showcase the best talent not only at the collegiate level, but at every age. Today, the Las Vegas Lacrosse Showcase is in its 3rd year in this expanded format and we are proud to say that LVLS is one of the premiere lacrosse tournaments in the Western United States boasting nine different divisions. “It is an exciting time to run this tournament,” says 2012 Tournament Director, Josh Rottman. “I’ve attended the last six years as a player and I understand its potential better than anyone. I took on this project because I know how off-season tournaments can invigorate a player’s love for this game. I’ve experienced it at this tournament myself. If we can foster that type of emotional connection to lacrosse here at LVLS, we’ve done our job. Everything you’ll see is just a means to that end.” 2014 – WLCA begins competing in the Best of the West tournament Women’s Division.
The Premier College Tournament West of the Rockies
The Best of The West College Lacrosse Tournament is in its 19th year, and is now proudly part of the Las Vegas Lacrosse Showcase. The Best of The West has featured the top collegiate teams in the west with powerhouses University of Arizona and BYU leading the pack. With the backdrop of the Las Vegas lights and the fierce competitive nature of the top college teams, this is one tournament you do not want to miss.
Past College Teams:
San Diego State
Vegas Showcase Rules
Basic Conduct Rules
1) There will be zero tolerance for racist, homophobic, sexist or derogatory language of any kind. This includes on the field, off the field, in the stands, players, coaches and spectator. If this type of language is heard, that person will be asked to leave the tournament immediately. Please make sure this tournament is a hate-free environment and enjoyed by everyone.
2) There will be no fighting allowed at any time. If a player punches another player during a game, he will be ejected from the game and/or the tournament. Refs will brief the tournament director after the game. The director will then determine if the ejection is for that game only or the rest of the tournament.
3) There will be no “takeout checks” allowed. Players are to play the ball at all times. A takeout check is defined as a body check in which a player lowers his head or shoulder with the force and intent to put a player on the ground. While we understand that these checks are often legal and a part of the game, we don‘t want a serious injuries in an off-season tournament right before spring season. A takeout check will be given a 120 second running time penalty. If a player gets called for 3 “takeout checks” in one game, that player will be ejected from the tournament. If this happens, the refs will notify the tournament director.
Note: The tournament director will have the final say in any incident involving rule #1, #2 and #3. No refunds will be given in the case of an ejection.
4) Sportsmanship: Verbal abuse of referees from players, coaches or spectators will not be tolerated. Flagrant violations may result in a team disqualification at the tournament director’s discretion, No refunds will be given to any team kicked out of the tournament.
- No Coin‐Toss or Line‐Up before games – AP determined by winner of first face-off. – Game time will start promptly as scheduled..
- Time will be kept by the referees. Penalty time will be kept by scorekeeper. There will not be a central horn.
- 25 minute running halves / Four minute halftime.
- No timeouts.
- Penalties are running time – 45 seconds for a “30 second” penalty and 90 seconds for a “minute” penalty.
- There will be an untimed, sudden death overtime period until one team scores.
Playoff bracket games will consist of the following:
- 25 minute running halves / Five minute halftime.
- 1 timeout per half for each team which includes overtime. Time will stop for two minute timeout.
- Championship and winners bracket games that go into overtime will continue until someone scores.