- Saturday, November 25th, 2017
- Treasure Island
11th St & Ave H
San Francisco, CA 94130
- 2017 Divisions: Men’s Open, Women’s Open
- Samurai Format- fun, fast paced games (click link above for more details!)
- World Class venue and amazing weather in the heart of the San Francisco Bay
- Interview and DJ Booth Sponsored by Eastbay Athletics
- Sponsored afterparty for all players, fans and friends
- On Field concessions and tailgate games
- 4 games guaranteed
- Multiple brackets for parity and competitive balance
- Certified referees and certified trainers
2017 Player Party will take place on site after the event. More details available soon!
SF Open Rules
Basic Conduct Rules
- There will be zero tolerance for racist, homophobic, sexist or derogatory language of any kind. This includes on the field, off the field, in the stands, players, coaches and spectator. If this type of language is heard, that person will be asked to leave the tournament immediately. Please make sure this tournament is a hate-free environment and enjoyed by everyone.
- There will be no fighting allowed at any time. If a player punches another player during a game, he will be ejected from the game and/or the tournament. Refs will brief the tournament director after the game. The director will then determine if the ejection is for that game only or the rest of the tournament.
- There will be no “takeout checks” allowed. Players are to play the ball at all times. A takeout check is defined as a body check in which a player lowers his head or shoulder with the force and intent to put a player on the ground. While we understand that these checks are often legal and a part of the game, we don‘t want a serious injuries in an off-season tournament right before spring season. A takeout check will be given a 120 second running time penalty. If a player gets called for 3 “takeout checks” in one game, that player will be ejected from the tournament. If this happens, the refs will notify the tournament director.
Note: The tournament director will have the final say in any incident involving rule #1, #2 and #3. No refunds will be given in the case of an ejection.
Named after the World Famous Samurai Cup in Japan- our SF Open Tournament has adopted the same fast paced rules to shake things up a bit in the Bay.
- Men’s games are 6v6 with no offsides
- Women’s games are 7v7 with no offsides
- 12 minutes games
- 35×55 yard field
- All penalties are :30
- Game starts with a faceoff- goalie starts with the ball after goals are scored
- All shots going out of bounds result in the ball being awarded to the other team, including shots
- Elimination style, championship format