- January 25th – 27th, 2019
- • Beach Chalet Fields
1598 John F Kennedy Drive
San Francisco, CA 94121
- • Polo Fields
1232 John F Kennedy Dr
San Francisco, CA 94121
- • HS Boys Elite (2019-2022)
- • HS Boys Open (2019-2022)
• HS Boys Rise (2021, 2022)
• 2023 Boys
• 2024 Boys
• 2025/2026 Boys (10U)
- • Boys Divisions: $2000/ team
- • Boys 10U division: $1400/team
- • Each team is guaranteed five (5) games with championship bracket on Sunday.
- • Champion Shirts are handed out to each division champion. We have certified referees and certified trainers for every game.
- • Back on the big screen in 2019 – all weekend NFL Playoff games!!
- • Sponsored coaches event at Beach Chalet restaurant (Saturday night)
New Field Rules for 2019:
- • Spectators are NOT allowed on the SF Polo Fields/Beach Chalet Fields at any point during the tournament per City of San Francisco ordinance.
- • ONLY Players, Coaches and Staff are allowed on the fields at any point during the tournament.
- • Parking is NOT allowed at the Horse Stables at the north side of the SF Polo Fields per City of San Francisco ordinance.
- • Parking will be available on the south side of the Polo Fields and on the street.
- • We are making steps to becoming a more green tournament. Single use items such as plastic water bottles are not permitted on site for the duration of the tournament.
- • Water stations will be available, and reusable water bottles will be available for sale on site.
- • Multiple trash, recycle and compost bins will be at both field locations.
- • Help us keep the Earth green by limiting single use items and disposing trash into it’s appropriate bin (trash, recycle and compost).
King’s Showcase Rules
Polo Field Rules
To keep the Polo Grounds in top form, the City of San Francisco does not allow spectators to be in the field. Only players, coaches and tournament staff will be allowed on the field. All spectators will watch the game from outside the fence which runs around the perimeter of the Polo Grounds. We are planning to set up the fields so they run along the fence for optimal viewing. We will do everything possible to make sure spectators have a great experience watching the games. Coaches, please abide by the following:
- • All team “camps” and tent set ups must be set up on the outside of the Polo field. No camps will be allowed on the actual field.
- • Teams are not allowed to warm up on the extra space of the Polo field.
- • Players and club coaches are only allowed on the field during their game time and 10 minutes before game time. Please escort your team back off the field immediately after your game.
* Thank you for your help to make sure we abide by the City of San Francisco’s strict usage rules. With your cooperation, we will be able to enjoy the wonderful space in beautiful Golden Gate Park.
- • We will also have recycle, compost, and landfill bins throughout the tournament venue. Please help us to stay green and keep the venue clean. Thank you!
Basic Conduct Rules
- There will be zero tolerance for racist, homophobic, sexist or derogatory language of any kind. This includes on the field, off the field, in the stands, players, coaches and spectator. If this type of language is heard, that person will be asked to leave the tournament immediately. Please make sure this tournament is a hate-free environment and enjoyed by everyone.
- There will be no fighting allowed at any time. If a player punches another player during a game, he will be ejected from the game and/or the tournament. Refs will brief the tournament director after the game. The director will then determine if the ejection is for that game only or the rest of the tournament.
- Sportsmanship: Verbal abuse of referees from players, coaches or spectators will not be tolerated. Flagrant violations may result in a team disqualification at the tournament director’s discretion.
- All other rules will be called consistent to current CIF high school/ US Lacrosse Youth rules.
- No Coin‐Toss or Line‐Up before games.
- AP determined by winner of first face-off.
- Game time will start promptly as scheduled.
- Time will be kept by the referees. Penalty time will be kept by scorekeeper. There will not be a central horn.
- 22 minute running halves / Four minute halftime.
- Penalties are running time: 45 seconds for a technical foul and 90 seconds for a personal foul.
- There will be a five minutes sudden death overtime. If no team scores, game ends in a tie.
- Tournament games that go into overtime will continue until someone scores.
Semi Finals and Finals
- Two 22 minute running time halves
- 4 Minute Half Time
- Last 2 minutes of each half will be stopped time
- One 1‐min team time out per game that stops the game clock (and penalty time) CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ONLY.
In the event of a TIE in the standings, the seeding will be settled using the following format. In the event of a 3-way tie, tiebreaker will go right to lowest goals against.
- Win vs. Loss Record
- Head to Head Record
- Lowest Goals Against (Overall)
- Goal Differential (Overall)
- Coin Flip