- Saturday, October 29th, 2016
- HS – 10v10 Full Field (All HS Players)
- HS Open – 7v7 (All HS Players)
- HS Rise – 7v7 (2020, 2019)
- U14 – 7v7 (2021, 2022)
- U12 – 7v7 (2023, 2024)
- $1250 per team (HS 10v10 Full Field)
- $1000 per team (7v7)
- $500 deposit to secure team spot
- Treasure Island (Grass fields)
13th Street & Avenue H
San Francisco, CA 94130
- Fourth annual Halloween Shootout
- ON FIELD costume contest with prizes!
- Costumes MUST BE tasteful and safe to play with
- HS 10v10 is guaranteed four games
- All 7v7 Teams play six games (30 minutes each game)
- Championship Bracket play
- Medals are handed out to each division champion
- Certified referees and certified trainers present for every game
- Vendor village
- Food trucks
Halloween Shootout Rules
– First and foremost must be tasteful and not culturally insensitive, racist, or have any other bigoted or derogatory presence
– Costumes can’t have sharp objects or be dangerous for lacrosse play
– Ultimately use common sense and have fun!
Cascade R and Warrior Regulator
Unmodified Cascade R helmets will not be allowed on the playing field, no exceptions. Players playing with unmodified “R” helmets (or a Warrior Regulator helmet) will be removed from the playing field by referees or tournament directors and can only return to the field with a certified NOCSAE helmet. If the same player, attempts to play again with the “R” helmet, he will be ejected from the tournament. No refunds will be given for ejected players.
* All games will consist of the following:
– 20 minute running halves / Four minute halftime.
– Time will be kept on the field by referees
– No timeouts.
– One faceoff to start the game and 2nd half. After that, the goalie clears the ball after each goal.
– Sub on the fly.
– There will be a two minutes sudden death overtime. If no team scores, it goes to a braveheart.
Penalties lead to a 3 v 2 fast break. Referee will release one player with the ball at the halfway line to start the fast break. The remaining two defensive players and one offensive player will be “released” after a five second count. The person who caused the penalty does not have to be exempt from the fast break. In the event of continued penalties from one player the officials reserve the right to suspend players from the game and in extreme circumstances, eject them from the event. The tournament director will have the final say in ejections.
Field Dimensions: 7v7 lacrosse is played on a 60 x 40 yard field consisting of two attack, two midfielders, two defenders and a goalie. Three must stay back at all times on the defensive side.
1) There will be zero tolerance for racist, homophobic, sexist or derogatory language of any kind. This includes on the field, off the field, in the stands, players, coaches and spectator. If this type of language is heard, that person will be asked to leave the tournament immediately. Please make sure this tournament is a hate-free environment and enjoyed by everyone.
2) There will be no fighting allowed at any time. If a player punches another player during a game, he will be ejected from the game and/or the tournament. Refs will brief the tournament director after the game. The director will then determine if the ejection is for that game only or the rest of the tournament.
3) There will be no “takeout checks” allowed. Players are to play the ball at all times. A takeout check is defined as a body check in which a player lowers his head or shoulder with the force and intent to put a player on the ground. While we understand that these checks are often legal and a part of the game, we don‘t want a serious injuries in an off-season tournament. If a player continues to get called for “takeout checks” they will be ejected from the tournament. If this happens, the refs will notify the tournament director.
Note: The tournament director will have the final say in any incident involving rule #1, #2 and #3. No refunds will be given in the case of an ejection.
4) All players must be enrolled in high school for the 2016-2017 school year. No 2016 graduates allowed.
5) Sportsmanship: Verbal abuse of referees from players, coaches or spectators will not be tolerated. Flagrant violations may result in a team disqualification at the tournament director’s discretion, No refunds will be given to any team kicked out of the tournament.
7) All other rules will be called consistent to current CIF high school rules.
Team list will be announced shortly!