- June 23rd – 24th, 2018
1232-1498 John F Kennedy DriveSan Francisco, CA 94121
- HS Elite
- HS Open
- HS Rise
- Boys 2021
- Boys 2022
- Boys 2023/2024
- Boys 2025/2026 (U10, 7v7)
- U10 teams: $1250
- World Class venue in the heart of San Francisco- walking distance to Ocean Beach in world famous Golden Gate Park
- Perfect summer weather- avoid the heat- SF averages 72 degrees in late June
- Accessible from all corners of Northern CA, and great place for out of town travelers
- Updated Vendor village for 2017, with more to do, more gear, more prizes and giveaways
- 5 games guaranteed
- Multiple brackets for parity and competitive balance
- Trophies and medals to each division champion
- Certified referees and certified trainers
Hotel & Car Rentals
Mill Valley Holiday Inn Express
$180/$180 single or double occupancy/$190 triple occupancy/$200 quadruple occupancy per night. One King, Two Queens*, Triple* or Quadruple* (*roll away included if requested) — 15 minute drive from fields
- Complimentary use of workout facility
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary wireless internet in guest rooms and meeting room
- Complimentary Full, hot breakfast
- Complementary, all day coffee and tea service in lobby
- Complimentary coffee in guest room
- Same day laundry dry cleaning service Monday through Saturday
- Business Center
- Complimentary use of bicycles
- Nightly S’mores by the fire pit
La Luna Inn
Affordable Boutique Hotel in Marina District on Lombard near Presidio – 5 miles from fields – 2 Queen beds – $164.00
- Free La Luna Inn Wifi
- Complimentary guest parking
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast with cereal, breads, coffee and fresh whole fruits served every morning.
- Wake up calls
- Zipcar service available on property
- Concierge Services
Roadway Inn & Suites Hotel
In San Francisco, CA on Ocean Beach near Golden Gate Park (Formerly the Great Highway Inn – 2 miles from field) – 2 Queens – THUR – $159.49, FRI & SAT – $199.49, SUN – $159.49
Our non-smoking San Francisco hotel takes your budget into consideration, offering great value while you’re on the road and economical amenities like:
- Free continental breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
- Free local calls
- Complimentary Fax & Copy machine use
All reasonable guest rooms offer a microwave and refrigerator. Some feature a coffee maker, desk, living room, table and chairs.
Courtyard Marriott Union Square
Historic & remodeled, 3 blocks from Union Square – 2 Double Bed rooms, $250 – THUR, FRI & SAT – 5 miles from fields, $80+ per night savings!
- Mini Fridge
- Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet
- Complimentary state of art Fitness Center
- On site restaurant
- Copy & Fax service
- Complimentary Newspaper & Coffee in Lobby
Battle of the Bay Tournament Rules
Polo Field Rules
To keep the Polo Grounds in top form, the City of San Francisco does not allow spectators to be in the field. Only players, coaches and tournament staff will be allowed on the field. All spectators will watch the game from outside the fence which runs around the perimeter of the Polo Grounds. We are planning to set up the fields so they run along the fence for optimal viewing. We will do everything possible to make sure spectators have a great experience watching the games. Coaches, please abide by the following:
- All team “camps” and tent set ups must be set up on the outside of the Polo field. No camps will be allowed on the actual field.
- Teams are not allowed to warm up on the extra space of the Polo field.
- Players and club coaches are only allowed on the field during their game time and 10 minutes before game time. Please escort your team back off the field immediately after your game.
* Thank you for your help to make sure we abide by the City of San Francisco’s strict usage rules. With your cooperation, we will be able to enjoy the wonderful space in beautiful Golden Gate Park.
Basic Conduct Rules
- There will be zero tolerance for racist, homophobic, sexist or derogatory language of any kind. This includes on the field, off the field, in the stands, players, coaches and spectator. If this type of language is heard, that person will be asked to leave the tournament immediately. Please make sure this tournament is a hate-free environment and enjoyed by everyone.
- There will be no fighting allowed at any time. If a player punches another player during a game, he will be ejected from the game and/or the tournament. Refs will brief the tournament director after the game. The director will then determine if the ejection is for that game only or the rest of the tournament.
- There will be no “takeout checks” allowed. Players are to play the ball at all times. A takeout check is defined as a body check in which a player lowers his head or shoulder with the force and intent to put a player on the ground. While we understand that these checks are often legal and a part of the game, we don‘t want a serious injuries in an off-season tournament right before spring season. A takeout check will be given a 120 second running time penalty. If a player gets called for 3 “takeout checks” in one game, that player will be ejected from the tournament. If this happens, the refs will notify the tournament director.
Note: The tournament director will have the final say in any incident involving rule #1, #2 and #3. No refunds will be given in the case of an ejection.
- All sticks must be legal according to current high school standards and rules. If a stick is found to be illegal (1 minute or 3 minute), that stick will stay at the penalty box for the rest of the game. All stick penalties will be given a 90 second penalty (even for a 3 min penalty).
- Sportsmanship: Verbal abuse of referees from players, coaches or spectators will not be tolerated. Flagrant violations may result in a team disqualification at the tournament director’s discretion, No refunds will be given to any team kicked out of the tournament.
- All other rules will be called consistent to current CIF high school rules.
No Coin‐Toss or Line‐Up before games—AP determined by winner of first face-off
- Game time will start promptly as scheduled even if teams are not yet ready to play
- Two 22 minute running time halves
- 4 Minute Half Time
- Referees will keep time on the field
- Penalty time will be running time and a half
- No time-outs are allowed.
- Face-offs will be conducted using the “down”, “set” cadence
- Last two minutes of the second half, the winning team will be warned to “keep it in the box.” Teams will have 20 seconds to clear over the midline, and 10 seconds to get in the box from the midline.
Sudden death format- One 10 minute period. Game ends in tie if no score.
2017 Rain Rule Update: No Overtime—non playoff games end in a tie.
- Men’s Elite and Masters: No counts except the 4-second goalie count
- College: normal college counts
- HS and U-14: 20 seconds to clear, 10 seconds to the box. U12 and U10: No counts.
Semi Finals and Finals
- No Coin‐Toss or Line‐Up before games—AP determined by winner of first face-off
- Two 22 minute running time halves
- 4 Minute Half Time
- Last 2 minutes of each half will be stopped time
- One 1‐min team time out per half that stops the game clock (and penalty time) CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ONLY.
Overtime for Semi Finals and Finals
Sudden victory will follow the completion of a tied game. The sudden victory period will be 4 minutes of running time with no time outs allowed. Goal defended will remain the same for the first overtime and exchanged each period thereafter. A face off/draw will begin each period with a 1‐minute break between periods.
In the event of a TIE (in the standings) the tie will be settled using the following format.
- 1. Win vs. Loss Record
- Head to Head Record
- Highest plus minus record (overall)
- Lowest Goals against (overall)
- Most Goals (Overall)
NOTE: Stats will be based on all games played, not just vs. the teams tied.